By Kevin Janiec CFP®, MBA
5 things to keep in mind during a stock market correction:
- Market corrections are a normal and expected part of any long-term investing journey.
- Corrections present a brief opportunity to “buy low” if you’re actively contributing to a diversified portfolio.
- It’s natural that these market swings can stir up emotions, but it can be consequential to act on these emotions.
- As Peter Lynch once said, “Far more money has been lost trying to anticipate corrections than in corrections themselves.”
- If you came into this year with a thoughtful plan, try your best to stick to it. If you need a plan, we can help.
Investment Advice offered through FC Advisory LLC, a registered investment adviser doing business as “New Wealth Project” and as “Financial Coach”. This content is provided for informational purposes only. Views and opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of FC Advisory, LLC. Information provided is not and should not be interpreted as investment, tax, legal, or other professional advice or recommendation by FC Advisory, LLC or the members of our firm. Always consult the appropriate professional regarding your specific situation before implementing any options presented or inferred. FC Advisory LLC, All rights reserved.